The COPRS online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free.
If this is an emergency, please call 911.
You cannot file a report if:
- This is an emergency. (Please call 911.)
- If you need to file a motor vehicle accident report
- This incident occurred outside the Lucas County limits.
- You have information on the suspect(s) (i.e., name and address).
- You are reporting a theft offense, and the value of the stolen property is more than $3,000.
- You are reporting a theft offense, and the stolen property is a firearm, license plates, a motor vehicle or hazardous material.
- You are reporting property destruction, and the damage is valued at more than $3,000.
- There is evidence to indicate that this is a hate crime or bias-related.
- There is any physical evidence connected to the crime that needs to be collected (e.g., blood, obvious fingerprints).
If any of the above statements are true, you cannot file a report online using COPRS. Instead, you must call 419-255-8443 so that an officer can be dispatched to take a report.
How can I get a copy of my police report?
If the Lucas County Sheriff’s Office took your complaint or report, a copy is available through the Record Bureau, which can be contacted at 419-213-4978.
How do I obtain a copy of my accident report?
If the Lucas County Sheriff’s Office took your accident report, a copy is available through the Record Bureau, which can be contacted at 419-213-4978.
Area Police Departments
Berkey Village Police Department
Toledo Lucas County Port Authority Police Department